Friday 15 January 2021

And Just Like That Friday Is Here Again.

 Yeah, it's the weekend.


Bob's been back at work for a full week and both of us can't believe that it is Friday again. Two whole days of rest ahead and two whole days of sleeping in. Sort of. At least ten minutes more...

Earlier I drove to our Lagerhaus to buy ten bags of pellets. Easier that way because the thought of buying bulk and having to carry a ton of bags ( literally ) to and fro the car hasn't taken hold yet, not to mention that it feels kinder towards my lower back. Ten bags it is and they should last about two  weeks. Enough time to replenish during it.

At the store I patiently stood aside and apart awaiting my turn. Gosh, there were a bunch of men in there - couldn't tell you who it was as they were masked to the hilt - buying the various odds and ends to keep busy in their garages, gardens and homes. Business was booming.

While I was waiting my turn I perused their wares and saw a nicely stocked pet food section. Alas, nothing my Mausi would like, eat or look at. Spoilt brat! On the lower shelves they had a whole slew of bird food. From the hanging balls of goo via the usual sunflower seeds to a packet of raisins. Yes, I too double checked that package. A type of raisin loved by birds everywhere...although, to be honest these raisins looked exactly like the ones we buy at Hofer. Would we know the difference or even taste it?

The other day I did buy a 5 kg bag of sunflower seeds still in their shells for our avian lodgers. Not much food about for them in winter and they do so love sunflower seeds. Our driveway is littered with the opened and emptied shells. Nice. At least I know they won't go hungry.

While I was walking Mausi this morning outside our front door I noticed a squirrel edging down the walnut tree across the road. Thankfully Mausi  was enthralled by the flock of birds waiting for a clear shot to dive for food, so that she didn't even register the squirrel across the road. A lovely little squirrel that my neighbour feeds every day. 

Yes, our neck of the woods seems to be a collection of animal lovers, who go out of their way to feed all and sundry. Just love that...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment