Tuesday 19 January 2021

Handing Out A Bunch Of Flyers.

Well, actually calendars courtesy of our village.


Just as I was heading out for my walk the phone rang. Most unusual in this day and age. Anyway, it was the deputy mayor asking me to hand out these flyers. The annual calendar with village fetes and highlights marked in. Of course I said yes, and anyway, how hard could it be?

His wife dropped off these calendars ten minutes later and being optimistic I decided to hand them out instead of going for my walk. Well, that changed when I saw how heavy the pack was and how cumbersome they were to fit into postboxes. Yikes.

Becoming a bit more reasonable I shelved that idea and decided to just take a handful of these papers along to hand out on my way. Oh my goodness was it cold. My fingers literally froze and become like bananas. Useless. Trying to pry one sheet of paper from the next was nigh impossible never mind folding it to fit into the paper holder at each house. Gosh, I have never had such cold fingers and never made such a mess of a simple task. 

People were peeping through their curtains and wondering what I was up to outside their gates for such a long time. ...trying to not make a mess of folding their calendar so that they can still pin it on fridges or walls!

As the weather will become warm and sunny ( hopefully they didn't fib about that! ) tomorrow I have decided to do the lot then. During the day. When the sun can caress my fingers and make them work. And no, wearing gloves won't be of help as mine are all made of wool and how on earth would  I work those papers then?  Oh well, a nice bit of adventure ahead for tomorrow and a chance to shoot the breeze with whoever I meet along the way....masked and distanced of course!

Biggi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment