Friday 29 January 2021

Tales Of An Insomniac.

 Never a dull night...


As you know I am extremely prone to sleep procrastination, also known as insomnia. That's just the way it is and there is no use crying over lost sleep. The mere thought of it drives the idea of sleep even further from my mind and opens the door for nefarious negative thoughts. Much better to accept insomnia than to fight it.

Over the years I have acquired the skills to handle insomnia. It's not all the time but when it appears I  migrate to the lounge to doze along the various sit-comes prolific at that time. My favourite is of course the notorious Medical Detectives which seems to run non-stop for all of us insomniacs between the hours of midnight and six a.m.. As I have seen bits and pieces of most episodes I can easily close my eyes and doze on and off thus squirreling an extra few hours of sleep.

My personal highlights of not sleeping so well during the prescribed hours is the fact that not even ten minutes after supper I can snuggle on the couch to watch a show only to nod off for a few hours, dead to the world. Honestly, nothing will awaken me during tv slumber.

My husband is fabulous. Despite being clued in to my after supper tv routine ( pretty sure he can hear me sleep! ) he still lets me decide on what program to watch. Often I fight tooth and nail over seeing a certain movie only to nod off five minutes in. 

Bob has learnt and the minute he hears a little snore he changes the program. Our little debates over our tv viewing or only proforma. Now and again I like to surprise him by not falling asleep and when he has to watch a whole movie of my choice he does the next best thing and promptly falls asleep....ying and yang!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment