Tuesday 5 January 2021

And Just Like That, My Sense Of Smell Is Back!

 Thank goodness for cats!!!


It has been almost three months since I have detected the tell tale sign of our cat using her lavatory. That distinct odour that only a cat mother could love. Pungent, potent and portent yet, for the last few months, absent.

Coming back home earlier this morning I went into our back room, not far from our Mausi's lavatory and in mid stride it hit me...my girl had been to the loo for a number two. What would ordinarily have me raise my eyebrows and wrinkle my nose had me jump with joy. Finally, smells are being sensed again and if I can smell feline offerings, than surely I can smell anything.

One doesn't realize how much we rely on smell and taste. Eating is half the fun without it but strangely enough it didn't stop me from it. Many a smell I fetched from a far flung memory bank and somehow it worked. At times I rubbed my hands in a bushel of rosemary, lavender and co only to be disappointed by the blandness of it. 

Being able to sport a t-shirt that says; 

                               Corona, seen it, drunk it and had it

might seem fun but honestly, despite having had it mildly ( apart from the smell and taste affair ) one does wonder if the other shoe might drop or if the senses would come back at all. Well, that's been put to rest and hopefully this is the end of my affair with corona.

The order of the day is still and foremost...mask up, distance out and wash hands. Let's beat this bug together with as few cases as possible.

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment