Monday 25 January 2021

An Ordinary Monday.

 A quiet start to the week.


As for yesterday's haircut-affair...not so sure how Mr Bob feels about his haircut since I have yet to see him sans beanie. Even last night when we went to bed he sported it. Ditto for dinner and breakfast this morning. Doesn't bode well for me, does it?

I did my best although his chair was a bit on the low side because I kept on measuring the success of my haircut from a bird's eye view!!! Short on top and long on the sides which might explain how the original mullet came about. An experiment of spousal haircuts endeavours...At least he is still talking to and with me!

Today is the start of longer social distancing. At least 2 meters and the FFP2 mask in all public spaces, supermarkets, banks etc. Those two meters are jolly difficult to enforce. This morning I had business at our local bank and as there was a couple already inside, I waited in the anti-chamber. No other way to call it because it is a small enclosed space between the ATM outside and the tellers inside. Not big enough to swing a cat and most definitely not big enough to have two people wait in the queue. 

I was in the anti-chamber when a local man pulled up in the car-park  and battled up the steps. A slightly older and very overweight man, the sort who would be an attractive host to the little corona bug. The minute he opened the door in order to step inside, I stepped back and tried to make a joke about how hard it is to fit in the two meters. That stopped him in his tracks, halfway into the door. 

When I offered to change places with him to get him out of the cold, he told me that I couldn't catch anything from him as he gets tested three times per week. How to explain to him that that is besides the point and in any case, I was more worried about infecting him. No, don't think I've got corona, but one never knows especially with this new British one. Just takes the one contact.

He considered my explanation for a moment and decided to do another errant in the meantime. Shoo, that was close because I don't want to start an argument over the need to social distance. Contrary to popular belief it isn't the chance encounter with strangers but the familiar interaction with friends and family that provides nice and warm lodging to this jet-set virus. Interesting times ahead...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment