Saturday 9 January 2021

A Saturday Morning Excursion To A Bakery.

 A surprising in our choice.


We were on the road to Bob's work earlier on because we had to fetch his work chariot. Thankfully it has had a three week rest but now, back to the grindstone. Cunningly I had put the idea of  fresh Bretzen into my Schatzi's mind the night before.

            " You know, tomorrow morning we might as well stop at that bakery on they way to your work. Support locals etc! "

Didn't take much more persuasion than that. Before I could even remind him this morning, he had already slowed down to look for parking. Goody, nothing nicer than something freshly baked on a Saturday morning.

One young man was  outside the shop ( corona manners ) and waited for someone to leave the shop before entering. When my turn came ( I am always the chosen one to enter shops! ) I stepped in with the anticipation of having to chose between yummy offerings. The aromas were grande and when my turn came, I was ready with my choices.

As I had seen the shop assistant take the previous guy's money with her hands, I hastened to ask her to please put on gloves before picking my things. Long experience has taught me that bare fingers are the favoured form of equipment, although it often is a case of  take it or leave it.

Except that corona has given me some ammunition to argue, which I had to do when she gave me the hairy eyeball and crossly picked up a pair of pincers.
           
         "  Sorry, but you did just pick up that chap's money. Corona, you know! "

Anyway, I chose, she picked, I paid and off I went. Not sure she would like to see me again soon though and luckily I don't live anywhere near there! Once in the  car, I told Bob of what had transpired inside and with the happy thought and knowledge that each bread roll creation ( they  are great ) had a pristine hygiene background, we headed off.

About an hour later, back home, we had our little snack laden with oddles of fresh vegan butter 
( the Danish one ) and they tasted fantastic. I finished mine without leaving more than a breadcrumb but Bob of course had a special time of it;

        " Eeuh, there is a hair baked into my bread roll !!!!!! "

thankfully that offending hair was not my colour nor length so that I was off the hook. Although, Bob being quick off the mark, hit the nail on the head;

          " Seems that the shop assistant has had the last laugh after all. " 

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment