Sunday 1 August 2021

A Rainy Sunday Morning.

 Nature took a breather after the incessant heat of late.



Various puddles emerged in the fields next to where I walked today. It rained hard during the night and early this morning, at about six o'clock, we had a minute's worth of hail. Awful to hear the sound of small hail balls hitting roofs and drainpipes.











This group of pigeons were as tame as could be and never even bothered to take flight as I came closer and closer to them. In fact, they seemed to be smiling at my folly of walking on a Sunday morning.










I love the way they balance on the telephone wire. Like athletes of the first rank!












My favourite trusty old tree is keeping in good health and spirits, which gives me a feeling of comfort and continuity....life goes on.













The reflective power of water never ceases to amaze me. Be the reflection literal or figurative it has the power to make one retreat into the calm seductiveness of our imagination, thought and self.










 The perfect bench to reflect upon is conveniently hidden from prying eyes...I think I have to take Maxi there to ponder, wonder and wander.


Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment