Sunday 8 August 2021

Blackberries On The Forest's Edge.

 A lovely Sunday morning snack!



Having written about them yesterday, I couldn't believe my luck at stumbling onto a new blackberry spot. There were so many shrubs lining the forest's edge that I must have devoured at least a hundred grams worth.










A look down my blackberry aisle...almost all the way along the left side these shrubs were proliferating in huge proportions and providing easy snacks without too much interference from thorny sentries.










The beauty of leaves...so simple yet so calming which is what we need in our at times hectic world.













Don't you just want to pick blackberries? Ah, the lovely plump ones were sadly too high up but those I could easily reach tasted sweet and lovely.












Walking away from the fruit find I couldn't help but be surprised to see what appears to be a gravestone set among the trees. I wonder what it signifies and if it has anything to do with the horrors of the Second World War. 










An hibiscus shrub almost ready to be picked. 
The brilliant greens today were a salve for the soul and a breath of fresh air...literally!

Let's hope that the current building boom ( or madness! ) doesn't extend to our magical and essential green areas.


Biggii

No comments:

Post a Comment