Monday 4 September 2017

Back To School.

Where have these last two months gone to?

The jury is out on whether mums are more happy to have a return to peace and quiet or whether kids are more upset at having to go back to school.

Monday is a rather cruel day to start the humdrum of learning and when I think back to my own scholastic adventure I tend to remember the week starting on a Wednesday. Not much is done that first week in any case apart from rehashing holidays taken and adventures had.

There are a brand of kids who are besides themselves with excitement at being allowed to finally attend school. The first graders have been counting down the days until they are out of the kindergarten scene and onto the big leagues. Learning to read and write will open up a whole new realm of adventures and possibilities. Unless it is that huge school cone filled with sweets and treats frowned upon by parents and loved by dentists that they will get to hold now and for prosperity. Who hasn't a photo of their first day of school?

There isn't much I remember from my first year at school apart from the sheer joy at being able to hold my own Schultüte and wearing a red little jacket that my mum had knitted for me. I loved that jacket. Oh, those were the days...

Getting up earlier than normal to send the various offspring to school won't be easy for many parents. Organizing packed lunches and getting to school in time will take a few days to get acclimatized to. Never mind waking up said offspring!

Anyway, the start of a new school year is a rite of passage, a marker of time and good way to impart more knowledge on hungry young minds.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment