Tuesday 12 September 2017

Two Peas And A Pear.

The healthy way.

The other day mum came over and gave Mausi one of these cat's treats which are as processed as they come. I keep them handy for visits. The cat loved it but mum told me how she'd seen the neighbour's dogs go crazy over fresh vegetables and fruit. Crazy how, I enquired already having an inkling of what might be in store for our princess, remembering mum's attempts to make us fall in love with vegetables at an age where we only wanted chips, chocolate or anything processed.

At first I scoffed and laughed at the thought of our little one eating a raw carrot or perhaps delicately nibbling an apple. Never, yet the seed was planted in the back of my head and sprouted when I noticed Mausi eating two lone frozen peas that had escaped the freezer compartent. In fact, she was devouring them.

Quickly popping in at the folks just now, mum wanted me to take some fruit home and I told her about the pea effect...well, no stopping mum. If I hadn't mentioned that I have plenty of pears at home, I would have got a whole bag full.

" Mausi is craving fruit and vegetables because all you give her is that processed stuff! "
what is it with the near perfect art of parental guilt? Special courses taken while expecting?

A few moments ago I got home and was greeted warmly by her majesty. Well, I thought, far be it from me to deny her her delights and with big fanfare I cut little tiny slivers of ripe pear. My enthusiastic comments had her running to her feeding table but when she took one whiff or rather didn't get one, she turned to give me a look, a look of

" Gosh mum, really? "
and took herself back to her comfy blanket and slumber state...

Just to have the ability to prove to mum that I left no stone unturned and no carrot uncut, I will try this experiment again with either cucumber or carrot sticks but unless I wrap smokey bacon around it, I see dire results...no turning vegetarian for our Mausi.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment