Thursday 14 September 2017

I Noticed That He Wasn't Really Himself...

Two sides to every man...

The other day it was miserable and rainy somehow portending a cold and wet spell ahead. Today we are back to almost summer, bright warmth without the hot heat. A kind of morning where the greens are greener, the birds chirpier and the sky bluer. In other words a perfect Burgenland day.

School and Kindergarten have been back in business since Monday and their valued customers are still very happy to go to them. Long may it last! My walk coincided with the local school bus and as I walked past, a kindergarten customer was standing at the curb with her mum, eager to start her day. When she espied the school bus, she couldn't contain her happiness:

" Mom, mom, look, there's the bus. "
What's not to like about kindergarten...meeting up with friends, playing outside and learning new things.

This morning the road meandering through our vineyards was unrecognizable...traffic galore. Tractors, trucks and many cars made today more of an obstacle walk for me.

The end of my walk was in sight when I got a bit of a fright. Not that I'd done anything wrong, but regardless the sight of a man in uniform makes me straighten up and be more careful. No walking in the street for me.

Well, it turns out that some ingenious person has done one better than a radar trap...even I, on foot, slowed down respectfully and was just about to shout a greeting when I realized that he wasn't really himself!

Enough to take the foot off the pedal...
Good idea, isn't it?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment