Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Season Of Giving...

This Sunday our new mayor gets elected.

Either I can't remember the last time or we were off the beaten track in regards to elections. Every four years I think or is it five? It all started a few weeks ago when an unexpected knock sounded throughout our house. Who could it be I wondered as I rushed to change out of my pj's. Bob was outside but he loves to call me regardless of my frantic whispers;

" Don't call me outside cause I am already in my pj's. "
Men, what can one say...one of the local politicians was handing out flyers and gifts. A plastic container with about ten plasters inside. Very useful, a gimmick similar to these odd little gifts that make the rounds of Christmas giving. Can't really use them, can't really toss them out.

A week later the next knock on our door. At a more reasonable hour this time as it was before five in the afternoon although a bit dicey considering that all and sundry are glued to Sturm Der Liebe. What would you know, a different party affiliation and this gift was a small padlock & keys and of course the pamphlet. A security conscious party. Safety in the forefront. We shook hands and that was that.

On Monday I ran into the last of the politician in town while he was doing the rounds and luckily he gave me the gift ( which he said was for Bob ) and pamphlet. Well, this gift was far more substantial indeed. A Swiss army knife in grey, logo discreet and heavy to hold. Say no more, say no more...a winning gift indeed.

Bob was thrilled to have it. From corkscrew to what looked like a toothpick to me, but Bob said it was a screwdriver. Gosh, that could have cost me a few teeth indeed. What would I do without Bob...!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment