Sunday 10 September 2017

Wandering & Wondering.

Any introvert's delight...

There is nothing nicer than to set out on a long Sunday walk and preferably very early in the morning. The roads are clear, hardly anyone astir and thoughts can run wild with abandon. Yes, some of you might prefer the outer rings of sleep on Sundays, but each to their own.

This morning the man with the huskies passed me and we had a little chat. Last time I met him, he is a young man of about my age, he told me how he walks about four hours each and every day. Wow, respect. Those tidbits set my mind on the various circuitous routes and I imagine the home he lives in, the wife he has and the work he does. Often, I embellish it with colourful ideas as not everyone has four hours to spare daily.

A few new and also renovated Kellerstöckls are neck on neck up on the upper echelon of the Weinberg and as groovy as their location sounds, they are anything but. Modern, new and rather boringly generic. Authenticity is nowhere to be seen and I am again wondering about the people who live in these places, and why they had to import their big city style to our small village?

Then there are the houses that are still in their original style which have only been freshened up where they needed it. How delightful they must look inside, how much history the walls contain and how good it must feel to live in them.

Of course often I wonder about the mundane things of life such as whether Bob's made a nice Sunday breakfast for us and who's turn it is to do the dishes...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment