Tuesday 16 January 2018

Changing Linen With The Help Of My Friend.

Making my bed and not getting a chance to lie in it...

Today was the day to give the beds a new sparkle and I did it in a two tier movement. After breakfast I stripped all the bedding and out of sheer exhaustion...no, it was out of timely pressure that I left the covering until the afternoon. You know, doing laundry, never mind those huge bed things, during winter isn't much fun nor artistic...damp linen hanging everywhere in the hope of a quick recovery from the wetness. Not easy.

About an hour ago I headed to the bedroom, chose the duvet sets and proceeded to shake out the sheet vigorously to give the creases a final wave goodbye. Well, sort of. Rather that than ironing for hours only to have worse ones appear.

Perhaps I hummed to myself or perhaps the Maus has supersonic hearing because the moment the sheet was up in the air the little princess was under it, luxuriating in it falling on top of her. As it was a fitted sheet, the plot thickened or should I say the bed when I started to allude to its name. She clawed on for dear life as for her it is a game. Her best game.

Having finally shoved her out of the fitted environment, she, clever boots, took a likening to the empty pillow cases. Head in, dash about and head out. Don't get me started on the shaking in place of the duvets. Delirium ensued...

If it wasn't for her absolute hate of the hoover apparatus, she'd be the perfect helper for me. If only for seeing her cheerful face while changing lines, washing the floor or neatening the throw on the couch. The other day I caught myself doing an extra stint of cleaning purely to entertain a bored Maus...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment