Tuesday 24 July 2018

Bottles And Cans.

Recycling behind the cemetery.

Being a good housekeeper includes getting rid of empty bottles and cans the proper way. Taking them for a nice little drive to the cemetery takes care of that business.

Honestly, I am loathe to drop our medley of empties into deceptively acoustic containers
( especially if they are still on the empty side ) as they are literally adjacent to Eisenberger's final hotel. A bit of quiet and respect should be kept but gosh, dropping these empties makes enough noise to wake up the dead. Never mind the newly built home twenty meters up the road that has a front row seat to all of the village's excesses.

Now and again I try and take my empties to the recycling containers in Deutsch Schützen but that too puts me in a quandary. A few years ago some lazy person kept on putting wrong rubbish into the recycling containers ( eg. paper in glass or vegetable peels in the can bin ) and since then a security camera is part of the mix. Oh, I am pedantic about recycling properly but I am not sure if I am allowed to venture beyond Eisenberg's station.

Taking a collection of cans is not for the faint of heart. Having lived in times of water restrictions I refuse to waste water rinsing out cans so that often the bag of empty cans has bits of left over food stuck to it. Rather yukky shaking them out of a clingy plastic bag and then taking the dirty bag back home to recycle as plastic, but Bob and I do it anyway unlike a few who leave their bags behind next to the container...aah, a case for another security camera perhaps?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment