Tuesday 11 September 2018

Popeye Was Right About Spinach's Might.

A new elan discovered.

Cleaning was and never will be my strong suit but lately, I've have gone above and beyond. The extra mile or rather the extra window. Out of the blue a newfound enthusiasm takes hold and yours truly can be seen hanging out the window with cloth and sponge in hand. What gives? Even Mausi was shaken out of her leisurely slumber and took up station next to me on the sill.
I felt like giving her a headband and showing her how to wax on - wax off. Cute, my little karate-kid.

Mum has noticed that I do extra bits whilst we are cleaning the Kellerstocks. Unheard of really and it has given her renewed hope that I will follow in her precision footsteps. Eh, sorry mum!

When we started eating plant based foods, I read up a lot about it and one of the perks everyone mentioned was the extra energy one got. Naturally we could eat more greens like kale, spinach and broccoli ( I love those by the way ) but it is hard to get hold of them daily. Yes, yes, I should plant them in the garden. Next season for sure. Kale, which is touted as one of the super foods perfect for putting into the blender for smoothies, is not available here or if it is, I haven't seen it yet.

It isn't as though we only eat rabbit food. Far from it in fact. But we have increased our daily intake of fruits and vegetables, as well as whole wheat pastas, rice and potatoes among other foods. Well, all I can say is that along with Popeye, I will continue to eat my greens.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment