Tuesday 4 September 2018

Being Invited To Birthday Parties.

Celebrating the milestones of life.

I was just about to help my elderly charges into the car when they were hailed by another aquaintance. Not unusual outside a village shop. We had completed a doctor's visit and were on the way back home.

Not that I was eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but overhear about the recent 90th birthday bash of the ' my ' lady. As the topic was upon this bash and how nice the food, atmosphere and people had been, her husband laughingly told their acquaintance that when his 90th birthday comes, he would invite me along.

" Ah, wanting the young things about, I don't blame you. "
Wow, instantly my mood shifted into an even higher gear as it doesn't happen much anymore. Being called a young thing! Love it. The husband was rather pleased with himself when I told him that he was technically a toy boy by a few months.

Earlier his wife had to have a bottle of fluids at the doctor's to which he told me afterwards.

" Sorry it took so long but they put her on the bottle. Schnapps bottle!
Oh, humour really is the best medicine and every time I take them about the village, we find things to laugh about.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment