Wednesday 5 September 2018

My Own Little Welcoming Committee.

Always nice to come home.

Often I wonder whether they are excited to see me or whether it is close to feeding time. Yes, our cats each in their own way love it when I come back home after having been out for ten minutes or three hours.

The minute I turn into the driveway, Tiggi pops out of her windowsill abode and is so happy that she can't sit still. Mausi can't see me arrive but she knows our car ( maybe mummy changes gears too loudly or breaks too hard ) and has her nose close to the front door.

Being welcomed by her twirling about my legs, or cuddling into my shoulder when I pick her up is priceless. Of course the flip side is her rather dejectedly watching me put on my shoes, sunglasses and coat. Her eyes say it all and have me explain myself to her repeatedly;

" Honey, mummy has to go to work. "
although it does't cut muster with her and even dangling the fact that work finances her elaborate food selections has no effect on her.

Bob, a.k.a. daddy, can awaken her from the deepest slumber by the way he motors the last little bit into our yard. She usually jumps onto the windowsill to watch his progress and he, automatically turns his head to see his darling looking at him. Whereas I get a " Hi honey. ", Mausi gets her own special greeting...

" Hello my little one, how has your day been?
which of course is almost drowned out by a bout of ecstatic purring when he picks her up...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment