Tuesday 11 December 2018

A Real Little Play Group.

Our cats keep us earthed.

Enough said about our Mausi or a few salient words will suffice; spoilt, loved and regal. After three years I cannot imagine life without her. She of course is only one part of our cat family.

Yesterday I went to give Tiggi her evening meal which normally means we have to be quick on our feet ( and fast to withdraw our hand ) as she likes to act as if it was her last meal. She slings it down not even waiting for us to finish emptying the sachet. I know she cannot be hungry as we feed her oodles daily!

As I was putting the food into her bowl she came out of her house situated on the prime location of our window sill and sat quietly between the bowl and my hands while ignoring the aromas wafting towards her from her freshly filled bowl. Gosh, when she started to lean into my arms, I knew that she had placed a cuddle with me above a mere plate of food. My heart melted instantly as she purred and pushed her little body into my hands while every now and then looking trustingly into my eyes. Although being a feral through and through she has discovered the love of a human and reciprocated. Oh, I wish you could have seen and heard her!

The third stooge in the cat pen is My Boy who has taken to spending most of his leisure time outside our window irritating Mausi to no end ( or a case of love? ), hiding underneath our car or hopping onto the bench underneath our window in order to take a peep into Tiggi's food bowl. All that can be seen are his ears and half of his head as he doesn't want to be too obvious by jumping onto the sill. Should Mausi be alert enough to spot him, she gets extremely territorial and quivers menacingly in front of a closed window.

Will there come a time when My Boy comes for a cuddle I don't know but certainly hope for. As it is, he keeps a sharp eye on the interaction between Tiggi and I. Animals, so special and so precious...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment