Thursday 6 December 2018

Vegan Variety.

A tiny memory lapse!

Being vegan is fabulous, fun, different and quite tricky when people find out. Any other way of eating would elicit a Jolly well done! yet this particular way of eating brings out the critic in people. Only yesterday someone challenged Bob about the amount of rainforest being cut down for soy production and his tofu being the main cause of it...conveniently forgetting that roughly 70 % of soy is grown for animal feed. But, at least the topic of veganism is on their mind.

Yesterday a kind soul enthusiastically asked me what I meals I cook and if it wasn't a boring way to eat. Oh gosh, I can't begin to tell you how vibrant and plentiful our new way of eating is yet there my mind froze and I could only come up with beans and curry. Not the best of ambassadors, am I?

When I drove home a whole slew of divine vegan meals that Bob and I had cooked flitted through my mind, rather late to the party. I told Bob later on and he had had the same problem. Both of us should take a few photos of our favourite meals along and show them off when asked.

Before I was introduced to this new way of life I would have also wondered what vegans ate and if it was more than a plate of carrots and broccoli. After eight months I've got a handful of old faithful quick meals in my repertoire that I know Bob loves but I also enjoy experimenting with whatever I have on hand and lately as most supermarkets are expanding their vegan offerings shopping and cooking has become a breeze.

" Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food. "
Hippocrates

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment