Monday 10 December 2018

For The Love Of Popcorn.

A mouthful of memories.

Popcorn can render the best memories. Going to the cinema and digging into a bucket of popcorn, salted popcorn that is, while watching reel upon reel of advertising is something I still remember to this day mostly evoked by the wafting aroma of freshly made popcorn. Wasn't it the most annoying when someone would crunch and chew audibly on continuous handfuls of popcorn during the actual movie?

Bob could almost be called a aficionado of crisps and most shopping excursions do end up with a bag of them. When I have to do the shop on my own he puts an order in for a bag to be purchased. Flavour and size too! How often have I hidden said packet of crisps in the most outlandish of hiding places only to be discovered tout-de-suite by The Bob. Running out of hiding places for anything rather quickly.

This morning in an attempt to keep him off this contraband, I told him that under no circumstances would I buy a bag of crisp for him and as we've got plenty of popcorn at home, this is the snack he can dream of at work.

When he came home earlier, he started to do the rounds of hiding places until I mentioned that I hadn't purchased any. No problem, he got out a big pot and made himself a portion of fresh popcorn. Oh my gosh, the kitchen smells so nice.

Popcorn in a pot is the easiest snack to make and cheap too. A bit of oil and a handful of kernels is all that's needed. Retro cooking chic indeed. No newfangled microwave popcorn with its additives but good old fashioned kettle made popcorn. One of those marvels that we have forgotten we could make...

A healthy snack.
A pot, a stove and five minutes of your time...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment