Thursday 13 December 2018

Chimney Sweep Time.

Preceded by a thorough clean.

Luckily mum uses the same chimney sweep. It can be quite territorial with each village having a particular chap, but somehow despite living in different villages we got the same one who only comes to our area four times a year from Rechnitz. Normally I write the dates into our calendar but for some reason not this year. I'll have to make an effort for next year's dates!

My plan was to do a turn at the Kohfidisch Spar and before I left I gave mum a call in case she needed anything. Well, lucky I did as what she said set me into a slight panic:

" Don't forget that the chimney sweep is coming today. I am busy cleaning the kitchen and stove right now. "
Oh yes, a tradesman of any kind elicits a turbo charged cleaning sprint, at least for me. Especially in a small community news of a less than spotless house can spread like wildfire!

Naturally my plans changed and I donned my cleaning paraphernalia ( gloves, mop and bucket ) and got cracking in the kitchen. Where he needs to clean the chimney is rather badly situated as it awards him a view of the whole kitchen floor and more.

Tradesmen unlock a higher degree of cleanliness than even family does and even as I write this I can feel how stupid it sounds, but so it is and I bet that I am not the only one!

Back in my Salon days I can remember how embarrassed clients were when they came in with greasy or dirty hair, yet, we hardly noticed ( unless extremely shiny ) as all hair was washed before any services and in any case, the back-bar ( wash stations ) were the best part and most loved by clients. A relaxed client was much more accepting of anything done or offered in the stylist's chair.

Well, now our chimney is sorted until spring, the kitchen floor is sparkling and another fabulous year is on the cards. Don't forget that chimney sweeps are the poster boys of good luck and fortune...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment