Wednesday 30 January 2019

Happy Feedback!

A nice surprise.

Today was another one of those wonderful mornings. Crisp, cold but thankfully devoid of ice. Perfect for our walk and the walk was perfect for us as the Eisenberg was cloaked in a robe of mystique and pulchritude. Soul refreshing and a visual feast.

The cold made us walk efficiently and when our route took us back into Eisenberg central, we ran into one of my extra lesson pupil's mum. He had recently had another English test, a crucial one for which we had learned for hours. As I hadn't heard any news from him or his mum, I was on tenterhooks as to his grade. Often silence isn't that golden!

So there we walked past his mum and of course I had to ask her. How could I not and anyway, I thought that I might as well grab the bull by the horns and find out how his English test had unfolded. She looked a bit stern so my nerves were on high alert. It isn't as though I am responsible but still, I could be the face of blame.

" Oh hi, hasn't he told you? He got a C. "
Oh my gosh, I literally jumped for joy. For him a C is brilliant although he would easily be capable of getting A's but he has yet to find out how to convert knowledge correctly onto paper.

The last stretch of our walk I was almost skipping along because I understand how important good test marks are for kids and I was happy for him... for me as well actually, because my draconian methods of teaching ( making the kids write out words, sentences and essays ) which they mostly see as punishment are bearing fruit.

Biggi

Wasn't it a divine morning in Eisenberg?

No comments:

Post a Comment