Thursday 24 January 2019

A Busy Thursday Morning In Oberwart.

New discoveries.

The day started of rather leisurely and nice which spurned me on to go for my walk despite the threat of icy roads. The lane I chose was covered in snow and unseen ice patches and suffice to say that twice my derriere met the ground. That woke me up well and good. Close call indeed!

When I arrived safely home after finishing my walk with gingerly mincing steps I got ready for my next adventure. A trip to Oberwart to replenish the larder and pick up Bob's reading glasses! Thank goodness because I got a pair last year and felt a bit ancient next to him. How funny that we are both old enough to warrant nose adornments. At least I can look at Bob when he is wearing his to find out if one's eyes are magnified with them. How else is one to know?

This time I eschewed the shopping center and drove to the middle of Oberwart. Luck found me a parking space near all the places I needed to go. Parking in the center of town can be a challenge at times. After collecting Bob's glasses I located a vegan restaurant but only to see where it was. Both of us have seen it advertised but were never quite sure where it was.

Isn't it amazing that Oberwart has a vegan restaurant considering that it only has about 8000 inhabitants?

Each week more and more vegan products appear on supermarket shelves and today I shopped at Lidl and was amazed at their selection of vegan choices. Well done to them.

Driving to and fro town is an adventure in itself and today I was lucky enough to drive past a very handsome devil who waved vigorously at me...yes, Bob was driving the other way and I must say it is was precious to see him wave and smile at me...imagine if he only had raised an eyebrow in greeting?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment