Saturday 26 January 2019

Sprouting Away...

Yet another culinary adventure ensues.

It used to:

" I heard it on the grapevine. "
which has moved with the times to;
" I saw it on YouTube. "
What bright new ideas aren't first seen on YouTube? The other day I was reminded of the tremendous health benefit of sprouts. When I was still at school we had a little sprout farm in our kitchen at home. It was the fashion of the day and most hip women had a set of sprouting pots germinating on their kitchen counters. All that fell out of favour until now it seems.

My mind was set on it and naturally the next step was to watch a tutorial on YouTube. Oh, that man made it look as easy as pie. This week I found two sprouting containers in Oberwart and as of yesterday a batch of seeds is gracing our kitchen counter. The jury is still out on whether those seeds will sprout because as easy as it looked online, the harder it is to manage off line.

I was quite pleasantly surprised to see a whole table of sprouting paraphernalia at Bella Flora in Oberwart. Could I be late to the party and is all of Oberwart sprouting away already? Let's hope that my Broccoli and Alfalfa affair is growing according to plan and that I can up my culinary creations game for Bob's lunches.

Our containers are resting at an angel. They have a lid like a sieve to drain off any excess liquid. Hold thumbs...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment