Monday 28 January 2019

Our Chickens Come Home To Roost.

Can't blame anyone but ourselves for this.

I came home about half an hour ago and as per usual a welcoming grin was laid out for me by our feline children. All and sundry noticed my return and got ready to receive dinner at their various stations. Pecking order and jealous guarding of food is part of their sibling rivalry.

There is a certain routine when it comes to feline feeding time. Usually if I was out, I will first go inside, fetch their food and then go outside to fill the various pots with yummy grub. Of course first I am allowed to pet Tiggi for a few minutes although today I veered of schedule and salted the driveway first. Gosh, she jumped off her perch and came to investigate my tardiness. Cheeky monkey!

Naturally I followed her directions and hastily dished her grub while out of the corner of my eye I noticed his lordship - our handsome tomcat - dashing up behind me and also a fast movement in front of me. Goodness me, he was chasing a wee mouse towards the house but as he saw me standing there with a can of his best in hand, he stopped in his tracks, looked at me then at the quivering beef tartar in front of him and coolly decided to have it another day.

Can you believe the cheek of him? He casually reversed tracks and took up station at his feeding pot. A yummy mouse for the taking but blithely he let it live another day, knowing mummy was on the way with a tasty meal...

Like a fool I fed him but then again, I can't be sure of a BigMacMouse doing a daring daily dash across his turf so I will continue to feed him and all our feline kids...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment