Friday 18 January 2019

Who To Ask About A Piece Of Spinach.

Conundrum at the mall...

Have you ever eaten a delicious meal only to realize that perhaps either seaweed or spinach might not have gone further than your pearly whites? You know it is there but apart from using toothpicks ( if available ) the only other option after numerous swipes of one's tongue, is to ask your spouse. After so many years together, one can't be sure that they actually see us when they look at us and for all we know, a look at us is a portal to thoughts far far away.

" Honey, don't make it obvious, but can you see any spinach on my teeth? "
is not a question asked on the first, second or third date which brings to mind bland meals sans greens until you get to know each other better.

Gosh, who can still remember those early week jitters every time a meal was had? The slight deception of only eating like a bird, emulating Scarlet O'Hara with pre-dinner snacks until he was hooked and not phased about huge portions eaten.

Well, today I posed the is there something stuck in my teeth question to my honey and I swear that even though he turned his head to take a quick look, he didn't really. Wouldn't he think it funny for me to mingle and greet folks with some teeth blackened out by seaweed? It isn't as though I expected him to look into my mouth like a dentist, but a more thorough visual help might have been in order.

My reply of;

" You will be in huge trouble if I get home and notice greens in my teeth!!! "
only had him guffaw with glee....ah, wait honey, your turn is coming...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment