Saturday 22 February 2020

A Saturday In Paradise.

A gentle day to warm the soul.

Saturdays do have a way to steal one's heart. What's not to like? Time to do absolutely nothing or everything. Today though, I had a plan. A leisurely trip to Güssing with my parents.

For some time now I have been wanting to introduce them to the delights of yet another Chinese Restaurant-this one in Güssing. We set of at half past twelve and got back home just after four.

The Chinese buffet was a success as I think they liked it. A nice change to Buschenschanks. It isn't often we go back to childhood dynamics...going out for lunch with the folks! Great fun though.

For me there is nothing more relaxing than meandering through the aisles of a supermarket deciding what to buy. I read labels, I feel the produce and I contemplate what I could cook with what's in store. Sheer bliss for me, but not so much for my folks. They could be termed ' speed shoppers ' and it must have been rather trying to witness my slow pace while shopping. Never mind that I put foot compared to normal.

But I have to say, they were as good as gold and never complained about having to wait around for me. Spending an afternoon like today was very special, familiar and nice. Just a perfect way to morph into a casual Saturday evening with the appropriate household chores of feeding our three cats. Of course they were all lined up and waiting to be fed before I could even park the car in our garage. They even had the audacity to look irritated at being fed later than normal but were happy enough once they were fed...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment