Friday 14 February 2020

The Mothering Kind.

Miss Mausi meets her match!

It has been said that I might be a tad bit too lenient with our princess, in fact it sounded more as though I or rather we had spoiled her rotten. Ah, mum, I think you might have a point but regardless, last night I showed some parental muscle and put down some ground rules for our little one.

I of course can only base my parental experience on dealing with our cat but gosh, golly darn it, sometimes she takes the cake! Naughty and cheeky. Clever little minx has realized that mummy and daddy won't be too cross at night time ( more a case of being too lazy to get out of bed! ) and gives us a royal round around. Into wardrobes, onto the bed, bouncing of a sleeping Bob's stomach and then standing over me chirping to get my attention. God forbid I open an eye!

A trial indeed. Often she gets her way and me out of bed to migrate to our lounge by the mere fact that I don't want Bob to wake up. He needs his sleep much more than I. Last night I had just settled onto the couch with the lounge door shut when Miss Naughty decided to go into the hall. A shut door? No problem for her, she clawed and meaowed like mad. Me trying to shush her from the comfy couch didn't work. No, I had to get up, pick her off the door frame and scold her.

At least she had the grace to wait until I had settled in again before repeating her door stunt. There was nothing she needed on the other side of it and again I got up, and sternly told her off. Must have worked because she sat very demure and docile on the window sill watching me from the corner of her eye. What on earth was mummy up to?

Once I had settled back on the couch, I called out to her to join me ( which she normally does ) and I swear, just like a scolded child she gave out a few short and sad meaows before skulking onto my lap. A place she didn't move until morning and even then she has been on her best behaviour even going so far as to sulk the day away snoozing on the couch.

Got a love that little kitten and yes, I have bared my parental teeth but perhaps a few years too late...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment