Tuesday 25 February 2020

Some More About Books.

The comfort of reading.

" I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. "
Jorge Luis Borges
" If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. "
Haruki Murakami
" When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes. "
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
" If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. "
Cicero
" ...but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short. "
Jane Austen
" There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love. "
Christopher Morley
" A house without books is like a room without windows. "
Horace Mann
" A childhood without books - that would be no childhood.
That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place
where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy. "

Astrid Lindgren
" Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you. "
Louis L'Amour
" To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. "
W. Somerset Maugham
" If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right book. "
J.K.Rowling

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment