Saturday 8 February 2020

Hanging Out With The Cool People.

Interesting times ahead...

Today being Saturday the shops were full of people wielding their trolleys, baskets or bags about the various aisles and food hot spots. Bob was whiling the time away in the car outside and I had ventured into Merkur on such a busy day purely to buy our favourite vegan ' butter '. Made in Denmark and loved here in Eisenberg. Please don't let them ever run out as it is the best spread and costs the same as normal ones.

Bob knows that when I enter a store to get one item the chances are that it will swallow me up for a good twenty minutes and spit me out with a whole back full of tricks. Hard to be disciplined when they have this and that on special and when the supermarket layout does its trick of luring me inside!

Our infamous vegan butter is at the back of the shop, next to the vegan department. And that is my favourite. Not that I buy all those interesting new creations ( despite what some think, we mostly make everything from scratch as it tastes much better ) apart from picking up a few of their tofu and vegan cheese.

So there I was mentally dithering between which tofu to take when I noticed a very cool couple standing next to me. They sported the cosmopolitan look that could be from Vienna, New York or London. They wore beanies and dark clothes. The new cool peeps who obviously are vegan. Without seeming to be too quizzy, I studied their shopping basket and also took note of the type of tofu they bought. And just to be precise, they didn't look at all like the proverbial tree huggers we vegans are made out to be.

Nice to be on the cool side of life but more importantly, I hope that legions of young folks will try and emulate these cool role models and switch over to the vegan side... Yeah, good times ahead.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment