Saturday 31 October 2020

And There It Is, Another Lock-down.

Difficult times ahead.


Most of us saw it coming. The lock-down, although it isn't a total one, was on the cards as during summer and early autumn many didn't adhere to the oft repeated guidelines of social distancing, mask and hand-washing. Us too.

It seems that Austria will get it for a whole four weeks which will hurt many businesses badly but lives come first. Always. Somehow all of us will manage to adjust to this new normal and perhaps even thrive. In a different way. Recognizing our inner strength and realizing how strong we really are. 

On a brighter side or should I say funnier side, the hoarding has begun. Toilet paper of all things is being carried out of supermarkets not  ten but  twenty  rolls at  a time. Gosh, how much loo paper does one need in a month? Never mind that supermarkets have geared up ahead of time and I think that they also knew already a few weeks ago that a lock-down was coming. Only last week Spar had a special on loo paper. Buy twenty get ten free! As if I would be caught walking out of a supermarket with thirty loo rolls in tow. Yikes.

Bob and I are already at home for the next week or so and have got more than enough to eat. Obviously one can never have, nor has, enough treats and snack goodies! When I have a negative thought in that direction I tend to remember that we have a luxuries way of life. Compared to what war generations have had to suffer through, our little lock-down is not even worth mentioning. 

November will see our  nation on partial lock-down and also on a nightly curfew. Gosh, the last time I lived through a curfew was during my childhood. Honestly though, I think I wasn't often tempted ( if ever ) to sneak out at night...can't say if my husband adhered to his parental curfew, you know, boys being boys! Must ask him to find out if he went through a bad-boy phase.....

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment