Saturday 24 October 2020

All About Second-Hand Buying Choices.

 A wonderful way to find inexpensive treasures.

 " I want my clothes to have a life and then end up in a secondhand store, where some school girl discovers them 20 years later. If the runway or red carpet is the only life clothes have, it's sad. "
               Jeremy Scott

" All over Africa, people are wearing what Americans once wore and no longer want. Visit the continent and you'll find faded remnants of secondhand clothes in the strangest of places. "
               George Packer

" Any given day you'll find me at secondhand bookstores. "
               Marcel Dzama

" Every time you spend money, you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want. "
              Anna Lappe

" What you do makes a difference and you have to decide
 what kind of difference you want to make."
              Jane Goodall

" When I was 10 yours old, I loved-loved books, and I used to haunt the secondhand bookshop. And I found a little book that I could just afford, and bought it, and took it home. And I climbed up my favourite tree, and I read the book from cover to cover. And that was Tarzan of the Apes. I immediately fell in love with Tarzan. "
              Jane Goodall

" I am really interested in fashion but at the same time I find it quite competitive. Second-hand stuff leaves you more open to whatever your own personal style is rather than feeling dictated to by shops. "
             Sophie Ellis Bextor

" While browsing through a second-hand bookshop one day, George Bernard Shaw was amused to find a copy of one of his own works  which he himself had inscribed for a friend:
 ' To---,with esteem, George Bernard Shaw '. He immediately purchased the book and returned it to the friend with a second inscription:
' With renewed esteem, George Bernard Shaw. ' "
               George Bernard Shaw

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment