Wednesday 21 October 2020

An Uplifting Encounter At The Second Hand Shop.

 One never knows what the day will bring.


The Caritas shop in Oberwart is mostly staffed by young men with the odd older woman to help with the displays. Everyone is always friendly and helpful which makes a nice difference.

As I was paying for my shop I noticed a sign that said that today was half-price day! Wow, great stuff and jeans and t-shirts for about 2 euros each. Can't get any better...

" Well, I feel better now for having done something good for our environment. "

He agreed and wished that more people would think like that while sheepishly adding;

"...or trying a  vegan lifestyle because that also helps the environment. " 

Well, I was over the moon when he then told me that he lives a  vegan lifestyle  and the two of us exchanged vegan ideas, dilemmas and questions we get asked the most. It was so nice to see that a young chap was embracing and living by the same standard and belief as Bob and I. 

My faith in youth was instantly restored and for him perhaps his faith in the older generation! For a moment when we were excitedly sharing vegan odds and ends ( being vegan has that magic feeling of belonging to a special club, one that has moved one step closer to figuring  out the meaning of life )  I felt like we were the same age but then reality appeared and with it the knowledge that I am old enough to be his mother eh...hopefully not grandmother.

Everyday brings more treasures to the fore, if we just take the time to look for them. 

Biggi

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment