Monday 5 October 2020

Finding Mausi.

 A cable is being laid outside our house.


They've been at it for a few days now. Digging and banging like mad outside. Apparently the electric cables are moving underground or perhaps it is a new fiber optic cable. Regardless what it is, it is a bit of a nuisance.  Can't really drive out without encountering either a mound of rough stones or an open ditch. Coupled with a constant screeching of a grader digging and shifting concrete.

Well, it has to be done but our Mausi likes it none. She is scared and doesn't know why there is so much noise outside. At times it feels as though a helicopter is hovering overhead! 

This morning I came back from my walk and for the first time wasn't greeted by my feline child at the door. Weird as usually she can't wait to go for a quick turn about our garden. Slightly mystified I went to the usual cat hideouts she prefers - bottom shelf in our wardrobe, Bob's pillow on the bed, window sill in the bathroom to name but a few. No, she wasn't to be seen anywhere.

A slight worry came over me. Had I left the door open too long or had Bob come home quickly and she'd dashed outside in the confusion of the building noise? I searched every part of our house three times over. Even places she could never reach nor fit into but to no avail. Feeling worried I tried one more trick to find her.

The rattle of a packet with cat treats. Just as Bob can hear the slightest move of a chocolate being stealthily unwrapped two rooms away, so she can detect the pitch her packet of catnip flavoured treats makes. Thankfully it worked and she suddenly was by my side. To say I was relieved is an understatement but still I had no clue where she had crawled out of.

Later in the afternoon she was missing yet again and like the fool that I am, I searched every corner twice over. Every corner but one...Bob has stored an old suitcase underneath the bed in our spare room and there I noticed her when I bent down to look underneath the bed. She was perched on the smallest of spaces on this suitcase, almost stuck between it and the underside of the bed. Obviously a safe place for her and thankfully now I have now discovered yet another one of her hideouts...

Life with a cat...always fun and never boring.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment