Saturday 3 October 2020

The Spookiness Of Facebook.

 Can it pick up my thoughts too?


How on earth do they do that, is what I would like to know? A few months ago both Bob and I ( as well as my folks ) splashed out on the wonderous invention of socks that rebalance one's body. No more tiredness or bad posture once these socks or on one's feet. Yes, you might think we fell for a fair bit of advertising but surprisingly enough, these socks work.

As they are extremely pricey we each only have one pair and treasure those like crazy. Apparently they have an inbuilt smell disperser and thus they don't need to be washed daily...ahem... I try and stretch it to at least three walks ( they are my walking companions ) before washing them as I don't want to undo the elaborate network of fine copper threads that encompass the said magic. Call me a fool, call me whatever but I know they work.

This morning when I returned from my walk I noticed to my dismay that a small hole has appeared around the toe seam. Drat, and I haven't got needle and thread at home! 

Well, it slipped my mind until a moment ago when I clicked onto my Facebook page. 
There it was, a big advert offering a ten euro discount upon  purchase of two pairs of our magic socks   ( Neurosocks ). How do they know. I haven't seen this advert for literally months until today when I noticed a hole in my sock. Spooky indeed.

Facebook, could it be the spy in our midst? The best remedy would be to disconnect totally but they do make it so attractive to play a game here, catch up on a friend there and while the time away. Soon another social media detox is needed, but not just yet...

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment