Saturday 8 December 2012

Getting Older And Developing Pecularities..

Is Forty the start of it ?

We all have our little traits, you know those kind of traits that drive your spouse mad...and not with desire ! But when do we start to display them ?

In my twenties, it did not matter to me, how I drank my coffee. Well, now, I need to always have a white cup to drink it, you know, the cup must be white on the inside ! I have been known to go to a different coffee shop, because they did not have the right cups... That is a small one. Hopefully the big one, the one that drives Bob dilly, is done by others too.

When I go anywhere, I have to do an elaborate check of all the appliances in the house, making sure that they are off. Of course, sometimes I get sidetracked by something and I start again. What drives Bob crazy, is the fact that he is usually in the car ( hooting or revving impatiently ) and ready to go. When are men going to realize that we women automatically switch to a slower gear, the minute we hear impatient hooting or shouting !

The funny thing is that I know, that I have developed these ' getting older ' traits. At times I even have a good laugh at myself, yet wondering if I am the only one with strange habits. Well, good news for me...I found a compatriot !

Friends from South Africa have come to visit and stay with us for a week or so. We look so forward to friends and family visiting, that we are at times giddy with delight. As one usually does, I chatted to my friend, while she undid her suitcase to give us a few presents.

Well... have you ever...! My friend, in her wisdom has packed several cans of Tuna in her luggage. Yes Tuna ! Like me with my white cups, she likes a certain brand of tuna. As we are both almost the same age, I can only conclude that these strange ( yet perfectly logical to us ) pecularities are a normal sign of entering your forties...

What are your particular habits that drive others mad ?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment