Sunday 9 February 2014

The Lofty Heights Of Our Attic.

The Sole Domain Of Our Cat, Tigger!

Jeez-Louise, I mustn't forget to tell anyone who is visiting us overnight about Tigger and her attic or should I say antics! She has got plenty of them and the uninformed might take them up as spiritual...you know the ghostly type.

As Bob & I didn't grow up with a tool-belt attached to our trousers, we are a little bit handicapped when it comes to insulating our roof. But clearly Tigger is loving this fact. All the warmth goes up
( and sadly away ) via the attic. This whole winter she has made this her castle and I fervently hope that she has chosen only to leave said castle when she feels the urge to " you-know-what ". We feed her enough stuff that she surely needs to go sometimes!

Sometimes I can hear her doing what I can only think of as aerobics / acrobatics. If she is not alone, we might get a pleasant surprise of a few kittens soon...but I think not, because when she does prance around her stomach seems to drop quite low on the floor. An almost sure sign of having been " fixed " or so the locals say. Remember she is a feral and we have yet to have the pleasure of meeting her close up. You know, just to run a friendly hand over her back.

When I feed her, she is already waiting for me. Sometimes she peeps over the top of the ladder down at me, sometimes she watches a few meters away and when I am not there she is clever enough to remind Bob that it is her supper time! Bob at times gets so caught up in what he is doing, that he forgets everything around him. Gosh, he doesn't even hear me when I ask him a question. ( Of course that could be a defence tactic against a nagging wife!!! )

The other evening I came home from work, and Bob couldn't wait to tell me:

" We had a visitor come around and knock on our window. "
" Oh really, who was it ? "
" I was finishing my puzzle and all of a sudden Tigger jumped on the window sill and made sure I heard her, by throwing her body against the glass. "

Ah, the little darling. Isn't she the greatest? Well, Bob did to her bidding and hastened outside to feed her. Of course he doesn't heat up the milk like I do and she tends to therefore come a bit closer to me than to Bob. I know its not nice to compete for affection, but honestly, we do compare who Tigger likes more!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment