Saturday 1 February 2014

Feng Shui, Cleaning & My Instant Money Success.

Cleaning is not such a bad idea after all!

Bob was out at a client, it was icy and cold outside and I was at a loose end. What to do? A book beckoned, the computer lured with hard to refuse baits but strong I stayed and went to attack the bathroom with a scrubbing brush and mop!

P/S: Only copy me at your own risk. Fair warning...!

The one bright spot was a new floor cleaning cloth ( the common term would be a rag! ) I had purchased it this week and isn't it the case with anything new that we love to give it a test drive... As for the scrubbing brush, it doesn't mean that we live on the side of messy. No, when I chose the bathroom floor tiles, as a novice chooser of tiles I of course selected the wrong one.

Oh, they look alright but are a pain to clean. They have a rough surface. My reasoning was that it would prevent us slipping on a wet tile. Fair enough, that won't happen but these tiles love to collect and hoard dirt for eternity. Only a scrubbing brush suffices.

As only happens when you get bitten by a temporary cleaning bug ( do they happen to you as well? ) I went the whole hog in the bathroom. The shower curtain was taken down & changed, the tiles in the shower gave me a bit of a fright once the protective shower curtain was gone. Never the less, they got a good clean. The washing machine got a new load, the floor got an extra scrub and generally everything was neatened.

While I was still in this euphoric mood, I got started on the vestibule floor and did a few twists and turns getting it spruced up. Apart from a slightly sore back, it was a good feeling. When you are not a cleaning fanatic ( oh yes, I have heard rumours that they exist in the world ) these odd cleaning attacks bring a new found feeling with it. Pride and of course a vigilant eye in case someone ( Bob ) walks into the house with muddy and wet shoes!

Funny enough, it didn't take me long. Maybe an hour tops. As a reward, I made myself a cup of tea ( with the 5 roses teabags sent from S.A. ) and finally answered my computer and its pervasive lures. A bit of social media, a check on the blog and a chat on Skype felt rather nice.

This peaceful state was interrupted by a knock on the front door. Thinking it was Bob I went to open the door and was surprised to see the postman. Gosh, he had made it up our icy frozen driveway. Anyway, he only knocks when there is a parcel or some such.

"Oh Hi, have you got a parcel for us? "
"No, I have one better. Money."

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather. Money. Money delivered to our door in person. Wow. Upon further questions, even asking if he had the right house, it turned out that it was a refund from our medical aid to do with dental repairs.

I have a lot of Feng Shui books on our shelves but it has been a while since I have read them. This was clearly a reminder from somewhere to be a bit more active on the cleaning front. My two lessons learned:

  1. Feng Shui does work and quicker than we think.
  2. It is not a bad idea to send in receipts to a medical aid. You never know...

Amazon.com:Feng Shui that Makes Sense - Easy Ways to Create a Home that FEELS as Good as it Looks
Amazon.de/at:Feng Shui gegen das Gerümpel des Alltags: Richtig ausmisten. Gerümpelfrei bleiben

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment