Tuesday 29 August 2017

Phew, What A Morning.

To thumb or not to thumb...

At ten this morning I had to be in St. Kathrein to fetch medication etc for one of the villagers. I'd arranged this time a few days ago, even going so far as to cement it in my diary as I am very wise to my chickens... Ten is a nice time as I can avoid the blood rush ( blood taking Tuesday ) and it gives me enough time to make Bob's lunch, drop him off at work, do a load of laundry & hang it outside, wash the dishes, go for a walk, write my blog and have breakfast. Oh yes, a violin moment!

All would have been done if at half past eight my phone hadn't rang:

" Did you forget about me? "
like clockwork, he forgets the arranged time and assumes I'm late and gives me the odd raised tone. Even though he had got the wrong end of the stick, I placated him and promised to be there within an hour.

Famous last words...I did the dishes and before I got to the pots, I noticed blood on the edge of the sink. Eeww, what where and why? In my haste I had done the rookie mistake of putting a big sharp knife into the water...yes, I seemed to have sliced my finger a bit although I didn't feel a thing. Gosh, it wouldn't stop bleeding and I had to spend ten minutes with my right thumb in the air. Of course, taking a shower and washing my hair with one hand isn't much fun but it got done.

Only when a thumb is out of action do we realize how vital it is. Before you send me an ambulance, rest assured my thumb is better but I do think I will have to let Bob know:

" Schatzi, I sliced my thumb this morning and I can't do the dishes or housework for at least a year. "
The Bobster of course, being wise and sharp will want to have a show and tell which might see me do the dishes again tomorrow morning!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment