Tuesday 22 August 2017

The New Realm Of Bob.

A box set of adventure.

Only last year Bob had fallen for the Game of Thrones series and was incommunicado whilst watching them. Even tempting him with ice cream, chips or chocolate didn't budge him from watching this series.

Last week, we both ordered a round of books as a treat and like true modern couple we each had the same amount to spend. Bob decided on a box set of the Game of Thrones novels and I for a mix of crime and romance. Although, Bob keeps telling me snippets of his books and they seem to have everything in it...murder, romance, adventure and fun .

Bob's books arrived on Friday and as any bibliophile will understand, he was in heaven when he saw five books of almost 900 pages each. Adventures that never end...Luckily he was on a weeks leave and started the first book in the afternoon and apart from supper he read most of the day and even night.

Today being Tuesday, I don't have to tell you that Bob's been very quiet all weekend as he had entered the fictional kingdom of his novels. Yesterday afternoon I had a great idea of how to get his attention.

" My lord, would you like a cup of tea? "
Honestly, I'm not one to offer making teas all day long and thus I don't know if he responded because I addressed him in this fashion or because I offered to make tea.

You know, there's nothing nicer than being with someone who also loves reading and understands why we disappear inside the covers of a good book for hours on end.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment