Monday 13 November 2017

A Sunday Full Of Sport.

As hectic as it gets...

When the season ended last March I couldn't envisage that in what seems like a blink of an eye the next season's upon us. Alpine skiing has kicked off and kicked off fabulously with my guy winning. Go Felix! Yeah, one of my favourite sports to watch on tv and my enthusiasm has rubbed off on Bob as he can be quite keen to follow races but of course he prefers to watch the women ski!

There are usually one or two races that overlap with our other favourite tv-sport...Formula 1. Juggling both can be rather tricky but since I've got wind of Hamilton's financial interlude in paradise, my enthusiasm for Formula One has waned a bit. Maybe if he voluntarily gave a slice of paradise back to the state coffers, I might feel more sporty again. Dear me, whatever happened to the gentlemen's code? It will be interesting to see who's named next.

Yes yes, I know I sound naive but where does this collective greed end? A lot of ordinary folks are battling to keep a roof over their family's head, pay school fees and medical aid by working several jobs hoping to get some help from their government. ( Ironic that it again is an apple that leads many of us into temptation. Have you ever wondered how much less you'd buy if you had to physically walk to the shops? ) . And you guessed it, an apple features in the paradise papers too.

But back to sport. Bob and I spent almost the whole of Sunday watching sports. As fast and exciting as Formula 1 is, at times a 60 second race down a steep slalom course is more exciting. Never mind the Downhill races!

There is one more Formula 1 race left and then the season of snow, speed and couch dwelling can begin.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment