Wednesday 29 November 2017

Wednesday Seems A Perfect Day To Go Shopping,

Heading to Oberwart on pensioner's day.

The weekly shop was much easier when Bob and I did it together. A team, with Bob organizing the driving, parking, placing goods on and off the conveyor belt and of course stowing all in the chariot. Biggi the bystander!

The tables have turned and as Bob is at work I tend to organize the shopping trips. Winter ones aren't my favourite as it involves schlepping 150 kg of pellets from the shelves into the car and off loading them at home. Yes, today I carried 450 kg at least...

But back to pensioner's day. The roads were devoid of ire, rage or haste and what a pleasure it was to meander along the curving roads to Unterwart. Obi, Fressnapf, Kika and Billa.

Obi was a bit of a challenge. Ah, their trolleys are a nightmare. I needed the bigger one and it won't steer the way one wants it too. In the end one of their staff gave me an insider tip...lead it like you would a sheep, next to you. Well, I traversed a few of Obi's isles with my trolley in tow. Loading the ten bags of pellets was okay ( the only downside to shopping with the older generation is that nobody offers to help due to bad back, legs, hips, knees or sight ) but leading a bucking trolley to the cashiers had me close to the end of my tether and many a customer hopping out of my way.

There was a special on Mausi's favourite food de jour and I pounced, buying 20 cans of Gourmet at half price which prompted the lady behind me to utter;

" Someone's getting spoiled ".
if only she knew how much. Bob and I would be happy if she ate at least 10 of them. Yes, I can hear you but, she is our baby after all...

On the way back home I stopped at the Grosspetersdorf Garage because the front tires looked a bit deflated. They are a full service station or so I thought as now there is nobody there to help. The last time I checked any tire pressure was back in the 90's and I have no clue what to do with that funny machine. Conundrum indeed...but as luck would have it the owner of the garage had just popped in and heard my pleas. Or was he just being polite to an older woman?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment