Friday 24 November 2017

A Spot Of Road Rage In The Village.

Dear Patience, where art thou?

If I didn't have front row seats I wouldn't have believed it. After a doctor's run we stopped for the obligatory groceries at the local shop. Milk, bread and lotto was on the cards with the odd impulse buy thrown in. My perch is outside and when I see them shuffling closer to the till I rush in to carry the bag. A heavy one today.

But a bit earlier I was chatting outside to our local electrician when a lady parked her car in the middle of the driveway leading to the extra parking. To be fair, most locals ( me too ) park happily somewhere on the road and in peak times it can be an obstacle course to drive past. Well, as she parked her car in a devil may care attitude ( or she was inundated with housewifely thoughts of organizing lunch ) another lady had to park her car elsewhere and threw the most peeved look. Never mind that every one knows everyone else and often from cradle onward.

She noisily put her car into reverse without realizing that the object of her anger wasn't even aware of her parking crime. The electrician I was talking to, quickly ( as men do ) diffused the situation in the best way possible.

" Hey, you better reverse your car. You are blocking the driveway. "
Meanwhile the seething lady parked along the road and stormed into the shop while doing continuous anti aging facial exercises with her eyebrows.

Of course the devilish park'er merely shrugged her shoulders and giggled. I tell you something, standing outside a village shop can be most enthralling and for the cherry on top, at least two gentlemen offered to open the door for me and seemed dashed when I continued to stand outside waiting...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment