Saturday 4 November 2017

Shooting The Breeze.

Isn't it just the best?

People are fascinating once you take the time to talk to them. Really talk, you know. Perhaps I tend to talk too much but how else do we find out how people are, and who they are. Good, bad and yes, sometimes ugly.

Take the chap who has been carrying the heavy bags of pellets, cement and building material to our car at the local Lagerhaus. A few years ago we struck up a conversation comparing the merit of heating with a pellet oven and throughout each winter we compare notes on who uses more.

When I picked up ten bags of pellets yesterday morning I asked how his son was doing at school...it turns out that he's been a contestant on Hungary's X-Factor ( coming quite close to the finals ) and has also spontaneously sang a few bars with Green Day when they pulled him out of the audience on stage during a concert. Having listened to some of his music, I can't help but feel that a new talent has been launched onto the music scene.

Naturally his father is as proud as can be and if I hadn't taken the time to chat, I would have never known. Well, now I can follow his progress if not on television at least during winter's pellet run.

Rather a sad sign of our times that we idolize social media personas and click on everything they do and are, yet at the same time many of us don't even bother to find out the name ( never mind anything about them ) of the person working at our local supermarkets, delivering our post or the neighbour living next door.

As for Facebook, which I do use and peruse, it at times makes me ponder the sad irony of following a person online, yet when meeting them off line there is hardly even a nod of greeting or recognition...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment