Monday 27 November 2017

Monday Morning.

A day like any other or perhaps not.

Another Monday morning, the same as last week and yet not so. Mondays seems to be our reset day. A day to start afresh or a day to bemoan the fates that make one have to go to work.

Some weeks are full of emotional episodes and last week didn't disappoint and as I set off this morning on my walk I did have the smallest little twinkling of " oh no, Monday. " until I started to smell the crisp fresh air, saw the blue blue sky and the beauty all around me. Often we forget to appreciate what we've got and this morning I walked in gratitude.

Noticing the fullness of a glass instead of an apparent emptiness is a skill learned like any other and once acquired this skill is akin to a toned body. It is an ongoing process. Well, there's my mission ahead.

I was reminded this morning on how good it is for the body and mind to walk daily. All I can say is that there's method to my madness...

  • Brain: Just 2 hours of walking a week can reduce your risk of stroke by 30%
  • Memory: 40 minutes 3 times a week protects the brain region associated with memory and planning.
  • Mood: 30 minutes a day can reduce the symptoms of depression by 30%
  • Health: Logging 3500 steps a day lowers your risk of diabetes by 29%
  • Longevity: 75 minutes a week of brisk walking can almost add 2 years to your life
  • Weight: A daily 1-hour walk can cut your risk of obesity in half
  • Heart: 30 - 60 minutes most days of the week lowers your risk of heart disease
  • Bones: 4 hours a week can reduce the risk of hip fractures by up to 43%

A brilliant blue sky with a perfectly placed cloud...a pleasure to go for a walk.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment