Wednesday 15 November 2017

My Favourite New Must Have Accessory.

A frozen morning.

My mum said it would be cold and how right she was. Minus five this morning and I guess it was similar in Deutsch Schützen. They are afflicted with much more fog and dampness than we in the neighbouring tropics of Eisenberg. Minus five is a sure sign that any hopes of Autumn outstaying its welcome have been dashed.

For those of you, who perhaps I count lucky at the moment, living in sunny South Africa, this unique car accessory might not have much importance for you. Bob usually leaves at about half past seven and today the world was white, icy and opaque. Icy mornings translate to a layer of ice covering the whole windscreen of one's car. Bob's work van being no exception.

It was rubbish collection day today and I was taking out the rubbish when I espied Bob scraping the sleeve of his jacket across the windscreen. Well done to Bob for embracing a colder environment with such aplomb...that is until I saw him about to drive off with a small circle to see out of his window. No no no no I thought and resolutely stood in front of the car to stop him. Rather dangerous in case he hadn't seen me or in case he had!!! Most mornings I see the look in his eyes that says one thing only: nag

Last week after having a winter check done on our car, the garage gave me a present to say thank you. An ice scraper elegantly wrapped into a warm glove. At the time I wondered about that but this morning the penny dropped. As I rushed to get it from our car in order to use it across Bob's windscreen, I was in heaven when my cold hand slipped into this woollen glove, thus keeping my fingers nice and toasty while clearing Bob's windscreen.

He hasn't told me yet, but I am sure he was thrilled to see all around and at no cost of fingers sticking to glass, fingers freezing or scraper not working...the last one we had was the one used to clean the bath tiles after a shower...

The Maus had to inspect this new item while I was taking a photo...Thank you, Pree- garage for making wintry car excursions more comfortable.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment