Thursday 7 June 2018

Divine Solitude In The Morning.

A walk yet so much more.

Bob leaves home just after half past five and as I get up at the same time as him, I manage to mostly finish the superficial household chores ( dishes, laundry & feeding the troops ) while I organize his lunch box. Mere minutes after I wave him off for the day, I am ready to head out for a solitary walk among the vineyards.

This early schedule kicked in on Monday and I am slowly getting the lay of the land at such an early time. The hares are hopping madly, the deer are rustling in the forest ( hopefully it is them! ) and the dew drops have yet to leave their gracious hosts. A sing song of birds accompanies me most of the way as does the odd buzzing fly. Should anyone see a woman walking about waving her arms madly around her head, don't think the worst.

The school bus was motoring in the distance although it did seem a bit empty...summer holidays are only a few weeks away and perhaps some scholars decided to practice sleeping in. I would have and me thinks I did!

Halfway into my walk I discovered that Deutsch Schützen has the advantage when it comes to fresh bread. The baker's van was parked in a driveway and was a hub of activity as women sleepily collected their bread for the week. If I had taken any dosh along I might have sampled their wares.

That extra hour in the morning does make a difference to sights seen, sounds heard, tidbits gleaned and the odd nodding off during the day...my favourite time to head out for a walk.

The bending blades of grass not ready yet to evict the dew...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment