Monday 3 June 2019

A Bit Of Monarchy...

Pomp and ceremony.

" A crown golden in show, is but a wreath of thorns. Brings dangers, troubles, cares, and sleepless nights to him who wears the regal diadem. "
John Milton Paradise Regained ( 1671 )
" I believe that the royal family are a focus of patriotism, of loyalty, of affection and of esteem. That is a rare combination, and we should value it highly. "
Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher ( 1990 )
" They say a Prince learns no art truly, but the art of horsemanship. The reason is, the brave beast is no flatterer. He will throw a Prince as soon as his groom. "
Ben Jonson ( 1572-1637 )
" It was with some emotion...that I beheld Albert-who is beautiful. "
Victoria on meeting Prince Albert, her future husband at the time.
" I may be uninspiring, but I'll be damned if I am an alien! "
George V after hearing that HG Wells called his court ' alien and uninspiring '.
" I have no intention of telling people what I have for breakfast.
Princess Margaret ( 1930-2002 )
" When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife. "
Prince Phillip
" Tolerance the one essential ingredient...You can take it from me that the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance. "
Prince Phillip
" Is it possible that my people live in such awful conditions? I tell you, Mr Wheatley, that if I had to live in conditions like that I would be a revolutionary myself. "
George V ( 1865-1936 )
" The less people know about what is really going on, the easier it is to wield power and authority. "
Prince Charles
" It is baffling, I must say, that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells out about everything - until, that is, it comes to climate science. "
Prince Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment