Thursday 6 June 2019

I Cracked The Nod To Water The Plot.

A week of trust.

Just like anything of importance, this one came by post. Personal post but post nonetheless. After lunch the other day I ventured outside to check the postbox and lo and behold, a notice was there. Hand delivered it seems. At first I took it for some pesky advertising but when I perused it a bit closer and realized that I have been called up to village duty. A week's worth of daily watering the village flowerbed on display.

As nobody had phoned me about it, it sort of arrived out of the blue and thank goodness I didn't throw it in the rubbish because it would have taken a few days before anyone would have noticed the missing link in the watering chain.

As it is they are taking a huge gamble with me at the weekly helm, as plants do tend to meet their maker much earlier than necessary. But, for the good of the village I will be extra vigilant.

On Wednesday I surveyed my new work station and contrary to what I thought, these flower beds seem endless indeed. As long as I don't forget one of them although I doubt that will happen. As soon as Bob ( and mum for that matter ) heard the news that I've been allocated a week's worth of watering important flower beds, he already has taken it upon himself to go and check up on my handy work. Surreptitiously of course but drive past them he will and check if the beds are wet, as well...it might be quite funny when Bob and mum meet at the Eisenberg flower beds. ' Oh yee of little faith...'

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment